Saturday, January 15, 2005

A couple of people have asked me about my post yesterday regarding globalization. Specifically, I've been asked more or less where I stand on the subject. I remember reading a Robert D. Kaplan interview a couple of years ago where he said, "globalization isn't a good thing and it isn't a bad thing. It's just the thing." I agree. Globalization just happens to be the stage of human economic development we're in right now. It has its roots in the industrial revolution and even earlier. Technology has simply accelerated the process. Anyway, Franklin Foer's book has a somewhat ambivalent and benign outlook on it all, focusing more on how soccer teams and leagues (and players) have globalized themselves, and what it means. It's a great read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home