Sunday, January 30, 2005

Had the pleasure of attending the CJSA President's Dinner Friday night, which was made quite special by an appearance by Kristine Lilly as well as a speech by USSF Executive V.P. Sunil Gulati.
It so happened my U12 daughter was with me, and she was absolutely thrilled to be in the presence of Ms. Lilly, her longtime soccer hero (that's right, it's not me). After seeing and hearing Kristine, I was struck by the confidence, athleticism, and intelligence she exudes. Small wonder she's one of the most accomplished players in the history of the sport, men or women. 291 caps and 102 career international goals from a flank midfield position. My goodness. And I'm delighted to have someone of Kristine's obvious quality and accomplishment as a role model for my daughter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home