Wednesday, May 04, 2005

I'm back to blogging after brief hiatus. I was very heavily involved as one of the directors for a youth soccer tournament in my town, and I was left with precious little time for the luxury of blogging.

The tournament, featuring 168 teams from 8 states, including 25 teams from our host club, was a smashing success.

Here's the tournament page where all kinds of news and information can be learned, including all results.

Here's a nice article from the week before the tournament.

It's breathtaking to look back 25 or so years to when soccer first gained a toehold in the US and compare it to what we experience now in youth soccer. The quality of play, fields, and organization are of the highest standard. But what really set this tournament apart as a special event was the quality and quantity of volunteers willing to work long, hard hours for our sport. I knew soccer had become pretty big in suburban America, but I don't think I fully appreciated just how ingrained in our communities it's become. I couldn't be more pleased.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for facilitating a great tournament.

-Rob Callahan
Chalker Hill

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home