Thursday, August 10, 2006

The Not My Fault sister gave me a very nice grill cookbook recently, and I've been dabbling with some of the recipes. Unrelatedly, I've been on a bit of an artichoke kick lately, cause, well, they're kinda tasty. So I figured out a way to incorporate grilling flavors with artichokes and I share this now (not that you asked):

3 or 4 Artichokes
a lemon
3 tablespoon white wine vinegar
1/3 cup olive oil
1/4 cup white wine (what the hell)
a couple of cloves of garlic...okay 3 cloves
a little fresh parley
a fair amount of fresh thyme
salt & pepper

Cut the chokes lengthwise into quarters and drop them in cold water with the lemon juice so they don't discolor. Scoop out the nasty hairy inedible innards (Do veggies have "innards"? You know what I mean).

Get a big saute pan, turn up the heat, add the oil, vinegar, wine, garlic, parsley, thyme, salt, & pepper. Lay the cut up chokes in the pan and let them cook for a minute but not much more. Then put the pan in a 450 degree hot oven and let it cook for 15 or 20 minutes. Let it cool off a bit, then fire up the grill and throw the chokes on to heat up and get that smokey flavor, maybe 5 minutes or whatever. Viola!!

(Veggies don't easily compliment wine very well, so you should drink whatever you like.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home