Sunday, January 28, 2007

Usually on weekends I'll cook some eggs and toast, but no eggs in the house today, alas. So rather than the same-o cold cereal I made a batch of oatmeal. Not the instant dried stuff, and not with water in the microwave. I mean real oatmeal, cooked stove-top with whole milk and lots of brown sugar. I even added the "optional" pinch of salt. The not-my-fault daughter inhaled it in less than 30 seconds and proclaimed it the "best oatmeal ever". It was probably the first time in her life she's had real oatmeal, made the real way.

Anyway, it reminded me of this book, which I read a few months ago. And then I check out some news and I end up seeing this excellent post from Glenn Reynolds, which in turn links to a New York Times piece about how nutritionists have pretty much been getting it wrong and letting us down in the process. As he says, be sure to read the whole thing...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home