Thursday, May 31, 2007

Last night the youth soccer club I volunteer for awarded a couple of scholarships to high school seniors in town. I was on hand with several other community groups to make the awards. I always get a little nervous when I speak in front of large groups, but something happened last night that had a calming effect.

The mother of Marine Sgt. David Coullier was also awarding a scholarship in honor of her son, who was killed in Iraq almost 2 years ago. My "nervousness" seemed utterly irrelevant in the face of that...

Anyway, it occurred to me that I hadn't posted anything on Memorial Day, which I usually do. Here's a don't-miss article honoring those who have given all their tomorrows.

And here's a fine round up from mil-blogger Jules Crittenden.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home