Thursday, November 24, 2005

Thanksgiving morning, a truly pure and great American holiday -- basically a harvest feast with a Pilgrim legend attached.

Snow this morning, which would seem to portend the passing of Autumn, but Autumn lingers, for which I'm grateful.

Heading to my mom's a little later. We no longer trust her to be able to put a Thanksgiving dinner for 14 together, so we all bring different components of the feast and it comes together beautifully. My contribution? A butternut squash and sweet potato puree that makes people swoon on contact. Also wine...

About the wine: I always try to get a few bottles of the new harvest Beaujolais, my one annual nod to our, ahem, "allies". Unfortunately, the Nouveau hasn't arrived yet, and I suspect this has at least something to do with the reason why. Now that the wine trade has been attacked, might the French awake from their lethargy and realize the rioters have gone too far?


Pajamas Media are hosting a Thanksgiving weekend blogfest, and there's so much good stuff to link to and read there should be no reason to be face down on the couch by 7 PM. Finally.

By the way, it looks like there'd be just enough time to make Michelle's pumpkin chocolate crunch pie...Oh my!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home