Saturday, September 23, 2006



Several years ago I played with and coached a very competitive and talented soccer team, loaded with ex-college players and an occasional ex-professional. I was able to convince then-professional David Kelly, easily the best player I've ever coached (with the notable exception of my brother), to join our team. However, since he was already signed on another professional contract, we had to execute a USSF sanctioned loan agreement.

The agreement required that we fill in some blanks, including payment terms. Dave and I just kind of looked at each other and filled in the word "BEER" in the payment box. Since that day, the deal between Dave and myself (representing team management) is that whenever the two of us are at the home club where the team trains and plays, I have to buy his beer.

Point being I woke up with a little bit of a headache the other morning...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home