Saturday, January 13, 2007

The Beckham Effect, Day Two

Was at the gym around noon yesterday and at least half of the televisions were tuned to ESPN, which was covering the MLS college draft live. There were player features, interviews, other infotainment bits. Maybe it's not directly related to the Beckham signing, but maybe it is, and if so it's quite a development for US Soccer.

I happened to watch this little video yesterday (I'm told the ladies like how he calls it "socca", so I'm going to be trying that out myself). I'm struck by both the direct and oblique references to his "family" factoring into his decision. It's pretty obvious Mrs. Posh Beckham is looking to get a piece of the Hollywood scene.

I hope this works out for Beckham and US Soccer...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home